Shelter personnel conduct the following animal control activities.
- Provide nourishment and medical care for wild, exotic, stray, surrendered and all other animals in our care
- Provide basic health screening including preventative disease control for all the animals in our care
- Vaccinate animals in our care against diseases.
- Adopt out strays, unwanted and abandoned animals.
- Humanely euthanize those animals we are unable to place.
- Sell dog licenses and voluntary cat registrations.
- Enforce all animal control and anti-cruelty ordinances.
- Provide shelter care for animals in protective custody, under observation or quarantine.
- Provide a volunteer program through which members of the community can get actively involved in helping our animals.
- Provide lost and found services.
- Provide adoption counseling.
- Groom shelter animals.
- Provide information on pet owner responsibility and pet care.
- Maintain accurate records on all animal control activities.
Last updated: 2/3/2014 11:04:40 AM