Notice and Agenda for Regular Meeting
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 6:30 P.M.
Room 400 City Hall
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA. 94102
Justin Roja, President - Urban Planning
Audrey Joseph, Vice Chair - Industry Representative
Terrance Alan, Commissioner - Industry Representative
Jim Meko, Commissioner - Neighborhood Representative
John Newlin, Commissioner - Law Enforcement
Neal Cavellini, Commissioner - Public Health Representative
Al Perez, Commissioner - Neighborhood Representative
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Commission on items of interest to the public that are within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission. With respect to agenda items, members of the public may address the Commission for up to three minutes at the time such item is called.
- Review and Approve the minutes May 25, 2010 & June 8, 2010. [Action Item]
- Report from the Deputy Director Review of Third Quarter “April – June 2010” activity review and Public Safety Committee Hearing on July 19, 2010; 7 day suspension of Place of Entertainment for China House restaurant Jumbo Seafood Karaoke Lounge; “Update on Permit Revocation “(Board of Supervisors File No. 100674)”legislation (File # 100674); Update of Citation Issuance Procedures; Commissioner John Newlin re-appointment; Vajra Granelli report on recent venue sound inspections and report of activities by staff. [Discussion]
- Review and possible action to review and change the conditions of the Place of Entertainment permit including but not limited to sound for Manor West located at 750 Harrison Street San Francisco, CA 94107. [Action Item]
- Election of Commission President and Vice President. [Action item]
- Review and possible action to review and change the conditions of the Place of entertainment permit including but not limited to the security plan and the Good Neighbor Policy for Jelly's located at Pier 50, San Francisco, CA 94158. [Action Item]
- Hearing and Possible Action regarding applications for permits under the jurisdiction of the Entertainment Commission. [Action item]
a) Horn, Holly, dba Holly's 1000 Van Ness Ave, Place of Entertainment/Ext. Hours Premises.
b) Castro, Alfonso, dba Impala, 501 Broadway, Place of Entertainment.
- Police Department Comments & Questions. [Discussion Item]
(This item allows any member of the SFPD to address the Commission regarding matters related to nightlife and public safety).
- Commissioner’s Comments & Questions. [Discussion Item]
- New Business Requests for Future Agenda Items. [Discussion Item]
(This item is to allow Commissioners to introduce agenda items for future consideration).
Please see attached for the Entertainment Commission’s interim policy on accessibility to its meetings.
Room 400 is wheelchair accessible. The closest accessible BART Station is Civic Center, three blocks from City Hall. Accessible MUNI lines serving this location are: #42 Downtown Loop, the #71 Haight/Noriega and the F Line to Market and Van Ness and the Metro stations at Van Ness and Market and at Civic Center. For more information about MUNI services, call 923-6142. Large print agendas are available. Sign language interpreters are available upon request by contacting the Entertainment Commission Office at least two working days prior to a meeting. Individuals with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities should also call the Entertainment Commission Office. In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals. A TDD phone for the Entertainment Commission is available on request.
To view hearing on-line
The ringing and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Pleased be advised that the Chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government's duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct people's business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people's review. Copies of the Sunshine Ordinance can be obtained from the Clerk of the Sunshine Task Force, the San Francisco Public Library and on the City’s website at. For more information on your rights under the Sunshine Ordinance (Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code) or to report a violation of the ordinance, contact:
Sunshine Ordinance Task Force
Frank Darby, Administrator
City Hall, Room 409
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
Office: (415) 554-7725
(Fax): (415) 554-7854
Persons attending the meeting and those unable to attend may submit written comments regarding the subject of the meeting. Such comments will be made part of the official public record and will be brought to the attention of the Commission. Written comments should be submitted to the Entertainment Commission c/o Jocelyn Kane, Entertainment Commission, Room 453 City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, San Francisco, CA 94102.
"Explanatory Documents: Copies of explanatory documents listed in this agenda, and other related materials received by the Entertainment Commission after the posting of this agenda, can be obtained during normal office hours at the Entertainment Commission office on the 4th floor of City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room #453, San Francisco, CA 94102, and also, to the extent possible, will be available on the Commission's website at.”