1. Ensure you have the latest version of Adobe Reader, available free from Adobe.com. Adobe Reader is required to properly fill out the form electronically. You can still view and print the form with any other PDF reader/viewer.
2. Print and complete the Declaration Related to Proponents’ and Opponents’ Arguments (PDF). Prior to submitting an argument for selection as the proponent’s or opponent’s argument for a ballot measure, each Author must sign and submit a Declaration Related to Proponents’ and Opponents’ Arguments, attesting under penalty of perjury that the Author is a proponent or an opponent of the measure.
3. Download and save Ballot Argument Control Sheet A (PDF).
4. If there is more than one Author for the ballot argument, download and save Ballot Argument Control Sheet B (PDF), for additional Authors' information and signatures.
5. Complete, save and print Ballot Argument Control Sheet A and, if needed, Control Sheet B.
6. Prior to the submission deadline, submit the completed, printed and signed Declaration Related to Proponents’ and Opponents’ Arguments and Ballot Argument Control Sheet(s) in person at the Department of Elections.
7. To facilitate typesetting of the argument, please also send an electronic copy of Ballot Argument Control Sheet A to the Publications division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: the printed copy of the Ballot Argument Control Sheet that is submitted in person to the Department of Elections is the official submission of the ballot argument. This is the version that will be published in the Voter Information Pamphlet.
If you are submitting several ballot arguments with the same submitter or payment source information, you can save Ballot Argument Control Sheet A under a different file name, and change only the information that is different from the previous argument.