In compliance with federal law and local ordinance, the Department of Elections provides services to voters and official election materials in English, Chinese, and Spanish.
Multilingual voter services include:
Translated election materials including ballots, voter registration forms, voter notices, vote-by-mail ballot applications and instructions, and Voter Information Pamphlets.
Telephone assistance in Chinese and Spanish Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- Trilingual instructional signs at all polling places on Election Day.
- Chinese and Spanish bilingual pollworker assistance at designated polling places on Election Day.
- Translated facsimile ballots are available at the City Hall early voting station in Japanese, Korean, Filipino, and Vietnamese.
- A Language Line service that allows voter to speak with the Department on the telephone in over 200 languages.
- Voter information in Chinese and Spanish on our Web site.
- Conjunto de Herramientas Electorales
Voter Information Pamphlets in Chinese and Spanish
In addition to the English-language Voter Information Pamphlet and Sample Ballot, the Department of Elections provides Voter Information Pamphlets in Chinese and Spanish to voters who request one. If you would like to receive a Voter Information Pamphlets in Chinese or Spanish, please call (415) 554-4367 (Chinese) or (415) 554-4366 (Spanish).